Home and Community-based Services (HCS) is a Medicaid waiver program that supplies services and supports to Texans with an intellectual disability (ID) or a related condition so that they can live in the community. HCS services are intended to supplement rather than replace services received from other programs, such as Texas Health Steps, or from natural supports, including families, neighbors or community organizations.
(Cited by the Texas Health.& Human Services Commission)
· Supervised Living
· Host Home Companion Care
· Day Habilitation
· Employment Services
· Dental Services
· Behavioral Support
· Supported Home Living (transport)
· Occupational Therapy
· Accessible Minor Home Modifications
· Adaptive Aids
HCS may be available to any Texas resident not living in an institutional setting who:
1. Has an IQ of 69 or below or has an approved related condition with an IQ of 75 or below.
2. Has mild to severe deficits in adaptive behavior.
3. Is eligible for Medicaid benefits.
4. Is not enrolled in any other Medicaid waiver program.
There is currently a waiting list. To confirm waiting list status please contact your Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority (LIDDA) for your county.